As an international patient, you will need to follow certain administrative procedures to arrange a hospitalisation or receive treatment at the Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc.
If you DON’T have Belgian or European social security coverage,
ie if you don’t have Belgian health insurance, an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) or a S2 form (formerly E 112):
- First contact the hospital’s International Office
by phone: +32 (0)2 764 16 93
and/or email email@example.com.
- Please provide:
- a copy of a valid identity document with your surname, first name and date of birth and also your legal home address so that your file can be correctly identified;
- your relevant medical records which will be passed on to the specialist at the Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc. This specialist and his/her team will determine the treatment or hospitalisation required by your state of health based on the received information.
With the information provided by the medical team, the International Office will prepare a cost estimate and send it to you.
- Make your payment to the account number provided by the International Office or send a document certifying that the cost of your treatment/hospitalisation will be met by your insurer/employer…
- Once payment has been received or the guarantee of payment validated by the International Office, please contact the secretariat of the Department or the specialist to schedule your treatment/hospitalisation.
You can find the telephone number by clicking here or by phoning +32 (0)2 764 11 11 (reception of the Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc).
- When you arrive at the Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc, please go to the Admissions Department (main entrance, route 260) and bring with you:
- a valid identity document (identity card, passport);
- your full contact details (address, telephone number, etc);
- a copy of your medical records (in English or French) which you will give directly to the nursing or medical team.
If you live outside the European Union and require a visa to enter Belgium, you can contact the International Office. If your hospitalisation is prepaid or covered by a validated guarantee of payment, the International Office will send you a document with the date and receipt of payment that you can then present to the Belgian embassy in your country to help obtaining a visa. Please allow yourself sufficient time to carry out the formalities needed to obtain this visa.
+32 (0)2 764 16 93
If you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
and need to come to the Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc, please make an appointment with your specialist and agree with him or her how your treatment is to be carried out. Please note, however, that in the case of a hospitalisation, you must first obtain the agreement of your national health insurance who, where necessary, will provide you with a S2 form (formerly E112).
+32 (0)2 764 13 63
If you are already in Belgium
please visit the www.saintluc.be website to check the administrative procedures to follow.